Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wifi and Van Ness, or Somewhere Near Van Ness

Check out this article about wifi on Muni.

Too bad they didn't have wifi this morning. I could have checked to see if there was another train in sight so I didn't have to put up with the guy who pushed me into the crowded car using his entire torso. I can understand pushing when the trains are crowded, but dude, don't push your groin into my ass. Just push me with your hands.

Today's conditions were heinous. Crowded train. Lots of umbrellas and five mysterious mid-tunnel stops without any explanation from the driver. After we'd been stopped for about 3 minutes in one tunnel, the canned voice announced, "Next Stop Van Ness."

Yeah, right. Or about 100 yards short of Van Ness.

Today's messages:

Muni Gods: I'm begging you. Take care of the basics before you bring wifi to buses. Just get the drivers to say, "Traffic. We're going to be sitting here for 2 minutes." Just get the booth attendants to admit it when there's a problem at Embarcadero. Then we can go home and use our wifi there.

Pushing guy: Really, just the hands. And don't call me honey again or I'll kick your ass when we're stuck in the dark.

No comments: