Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Voice of Muni

It happened again last night! As I arrived at Montgomery Station, a clear voice came over the p.a. and announced, "Due to an injury accident at 22nd and Taraval, the L Taraval will only go as far as West Portal. Disembark there, leave the station and board one of the buses to continue. Buses are at the station and waiting."

Sure, it's a pain to have to take the bus instead of the train, but for the second time in as many days, Muni was alerting passengers to a problem and providing a solution in advance. I don't have to go out to the Sunset, but I imagine that passengers who boarded the trains with this knowledge in advance were a whole lot less grumpy than if they were ejected from the train at West Portal.

Hey Muni! Are you listening? If you are, consider doing the brave and correct thing to close your budget gaps. Raise the prices.

Today's Stats:
I drover to work today.
I will pay about $15 for parking.
I did not get fresh air or read a book.
It took about the same amount of time as taking Muni and was somehow less pleasant.

No comments: